Kettering General Hospital Pharmacy Department and Services
“Your medicines, our priority”
Image: Members of our Pharmacy Team with Pharmacy robot.
The KGH Pharmacy is located on the ground floor of the hospital, near to the Outpatient Department.
Mon-Fri - 9am-6.30pm
Saturdays & Bank Holidays (excluding Christmas Day) - 9am-1pm
Contact: 01536 493540
About the KGH Pharmacy Team
The Pharmacy Team provide a high quality, professional pharmacy service to in-patients and out-patients. The service is responsive to the needs of patients and is developing the use of IT to improve patient safety and efficiency. The team is made up of pharmacists, medicines management technicians, pharmacy technicians, dispensers, assistant technical officers (ATOs), administrative and clerical staff, providing a range of services involving:
- Dispensing hospital prescriptions for in-patients, out-patients and discharge patients
- Aseptic Dispensing of chemotherapy
- Prescription surveillance and Clinical Pharmacy advice
- Distribution of medicines to wards and departments
- Formulary Management
- KGH Formulary http://www.kghformulary.nhs.uk/
- Medicines Information to answer enquiries and produce guidance in conjunction with Northampton General Hospital
- Quality Assurance of medicines and environments
- Training and Development for pharmacy staff and others
Coming into Hospital
Please bring with you any medicines that you take including any over the counter medicines or complementary medicines. Please hand these to the staff member caring for you when you come to the hospital.