Getting to Kettering General Hospital Main Site
Telephone number: 01536 492001
The Trust provides a full range of inpatient and outpatient services at the Rothwell Road site in Kettering.
The hospital has three public entrances: two for car access and one for pedestrians only.
Entrance 1 is at the top of the hill on Rothwell Road leading down to entrance 4 just before the railway bridge.
Remember smoking is not allowed anywhere, on any KGH sites.
Travelling by car
Leave A14 at Junction 7
Head towards Kettering Town Centre (right hand lane leaving A14)
Pass crematorium on left.
To Entrance 1 – At Telford Way/Rothwell Road roundabout take right hand turn into hospital, past Ambulance Station to car parks.
To Entrance 4 - Go straight over the roundabout on to Rothwell Road and take the fifth turning on your right just before the railway bridge.
Travelling by rail
Kettering Railway Station is on the Midland Main Line (St. Pancras - Sheffield). The station is approximately 1 mile from the Hospital (follow road signs to General Hospital) and is approximately 20 minutes walk. Taxis are available from the station forecourt. For general information or ticket bookings telephone East Midlands Trains 08457 125678. Lines open daily 6am-10pm. If you have hearing difficulties please use TextDirect: 18001 followed by 08457 125 678 or visit www.eastmidlandstrains.co.uk.
For further information on the public transport available in Northamptonshire visit www.northamptonshire.gov.uk/en/councilservices/transport/.
Please check with Stagecoach for exact bus times. https://www.stagecoachbus.com/
Travelling by local public transport
The following buses stop directly outside the Hospital:
- X1 Corby – Wellingborough (Stagecoach)
- 10 West Hunsbury – Northampton – Parklands – Moulton – Overstone – Sywell - Mawsley Kettering (Stagecoach)
- X10 West Hunsbury – Northampton – Moulton – Broughton - Kettering (Stagecoach)
- 17 Desborough – Iselodge, Kettering (Stagecoach)
- 18 Kettering – Market Harborough (Stagecoach)
- 19 Iselodge, Kettering - Corby (Stagecoach)
- 34 Wellingborough - Kettering (Centrebus)
Voluntary Transport Schemes
Providers of voluntary transport schemes can be contacted directly by patients to provide door to door transport services (subject to registration with the service). A list of providers is shown below.
Corby Car Pool – 01536 269482
Journeys are available out of hours
Monday to Friday 9.00am - 12noon
Shire Community Services- 01933 272735 & 01933 276933
Covering Kettering and Wellingborough
Monday to Friday 9.00am - 4.00pm
Rushden (SERVE) – 01933 315555
Northampton Volunteer Car Scheme – 01604 637522
Monday – Friday 9.00am - 12 noon, an answerphone operates out of hours
Volunteer Action Oundle – 01832 275433
Monday to Friday 9.30am - 12.30pm www.volunteeractionoundle.org.uk
Voluntary Action South Leicestershire – 01858 433232
Covering South Leicestershire including Market Harborough.
Monday to Friday 9.00am - 2.30pm
Daventry Area Community Transport – 01327 701665 & 01327 701666
Please contact the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) (01536) 493305 for other voluntary schemes which may be available in your area.
Reclaiming the cost of your journey
You may be eligible for reimbursement of your travel expenses under the Hospital Travel Costs Scheme (HTCS) if you are in receipt of at least one of the following:
- Income Support
- Employment Support Allowance (Income related not contributory related)
- Working Family Tax Credit or Child Tax Credits
- Exemption certificate (HC2/HC3 form) the patient must be named on form
- Job Seekers Allowance (Income based)
- Disabled persons tax credit
- Pension Credit guaranteed
- Universal Credit (Earnings guidelines £435* or less, £935* per couple visit https://www.nhs.uk/using-the-nhs/help-with-health-costs/healthcare-travel-costs-scheme-htcs/)
Public Transport Costs
Bus fares and train fares are fully reimbursed when a valid receipt is produced.
Voluntary Transport Schemes
Travel costs incurred through certain voluntary transport schemes are refundable when a valid receipt is produced.
Please contact the Cashiers Office (01536) 492036 should you require further clarification.
For reimbursement payment to be made, you will need:-
- Proof of receiving a benefit (as listed above and dated within the last 12 months).
- Appointment letter/internal form or appointment card, which must be stamped by the department stating the date visited together with an authorised signature.
- Travel ticket/receipt and/or car parking ticket.
Taxi fares are not reimbursed.