Getting to Outpatients Clinic at Nene Park
Telephone number: 01536 491907
The Trust provides a range of outpatient services in Irthlingborough at the Nene Park Clinic.
Remember smoking is not allowed anywhere, on any KGH sites.
Travelling by car
Follow the signs to Nene Park from the roundabout on the A6. The clinic is located on Attley Way off Diamond Way.
If travelling along the A45 join the A6 at the Chowns Mill roundabout at Higham Ferrers and head towards Finedon.
Parking at the clinic is free and includes spaces for disabled drivers and a drop off zone close to the main entrance to help carers and volunteer drivers.
Travelling by local public transport
Nene Park is served by the Number 49 bus which stops alongside the clinic and Number 50 bus which stops on Station Road Irthlingborough – this is a 10 minute walk (with a slope) away. From the stop walk in an easterly direction along B5348, after 60m, turn sharp left onto the A6. After 200m arrive at the clinic. Both these services are at roughly half hour intervals.
In addition an hourly service, number 45 bus operates between Wellingborough and Station Road Irthlingborough.
Please check with Stagecoach for exact bus times.https://www.stagecoachbus.com/
Voluntary Transport Schemes
Providers of voluntary transport schemes can be contacted directly by patients to provide door to door transport services (subject to registration with the service). A list of providers is shown below.
Corby Car Pool – 01536 269482
Journeys are available out of hours
Monday to Friday 9.00am - 12noon
Shire Community Services- 01933 272735 & 01933 276933
Covering Kettering and Wellingborough
Monday to Friday 9.00am - 4.00pm
Rushden (SERVE) – 01933 315555
Northampton Volunteer Car Scheme – 01604 637522
Monday – Friday 9.00am - 12 noon, an answerphone operates out of hours
Volunteer Action Oundle – 01832 275433
Monday to Friday 9.30am - 12.30pm www.volunteeractionoundle.org.uk
Voluntary Action South Leicestershire – 01858 433232
Covering South Leicestershire including Market Harborough.
Monday to Friday 9.00am - 2.30pm
Daventry Area Community Transport – 01327 701665 & 01327 701666
Please contact the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) (01536) 493305 for other voluntary schemes which may be available in your area.
Reclaiming the cost of your journey
You may be eligible for reimbursement of your travel expenses under the Hospital Travel Costs Scheme (HTCS) if you are in receipt of at least one of the following:
- Income Support
- Employment Support Allowance (Income related not contributory related)
- Working Family Tax Credit or Child Tax Credits
- Exemption certificate (HC2/HC3 form) the patient must be named on form
- Job Seekers Allowance (Income based)
- Disabled persons tax credit
- Pension Credit guaranteed
- Universal Credit (Earnings guidelines £435* or less, £935* per couple visit https://www.nhs.uk/using-the-nhs/help-with-health-costs/healthcare-travel-costs-scheme-htcs/)
Public Transport Costs
Bus fares and train fares are fully reimbursed when a valid receipt is produced.
Voluntary Transport Schemes
Travel costs incurred through certain voluntary transport schemes are refundable when a valid receipt is produced.
Please contact the Cashiers Office (01536) 492036 should you require further clarification.
For reimbursement payment to be made, you will need:-
- Proof of receiving a benefit (as listed above and dated within the last 12 months).
- Appointment letter/internal form or appointment card, which must be stamped by the department stating the date visited together with an authorised signature.
- Travel ticket/receipt and/or car parking ticket.
Taxi fares are not reimbursed.