Car Parking Information
Short stay car parking, disabled parking and drop-off - Car Park A
Longer stays - Car Park B
Other car parks including the Treatment Centre, spaces alongside Rothwell Road and Maternity are Pay & Display.
In an emergency situation, or exceptional circumstancessuch as where a patient has very limited mobility, drivers may drop-off directly outside the Outpatients Department using the emergency vehicle access route then go and park.
When arriving at car parks A and B your car registration number is captured automatically. When you leave the car park you need to enter your registration number before paying at the paying station.
Here’s how it works:
- As you approach the entrance of the car park, the barrier will raise automatically and your registration number will be read
- Park your vehicle as usual
- When you are ready to leave, please pay at one of the pay stations by entering your registration number and following the on-screen instructions. You can pay by cash or card (including contactless)
- Please return to your car immediately and proceed to the exit
- The exit barrier will automatically raise once your registration number and payment has been verified.
Tariffs in Car Park A
|Less than 15 minutes (drop-off spaces)||Free of charge|
|Up to 2 hours||£3.00|
|2 to 24 hours||£15.00|
|Over 24 hours||£15 per day (or part thereof)|
Disabled car parking spaces are also available on production of a valid Blue Badge to the Car Park Office. These are free for up to 3 hours, and £1 for 3-24 hours.
Tariffs in all other car parks
|Up to 1 hours||£1.50|
|1 to 3 hours||£3.00|
|3 to 6 hours||£5.00|
|6 to 8 hours||£7.00|
8 to 24 hours
Over 24 hours
£15 per day (or part thereof)
Disabled car parking spaces are available in Car Park A on production of a valid Blue Badge to the Car Park Office. These are free for up to 3 hours, and £1 for 3-24 hours.
If attending Lilford Ward, Centenary Wing, and Chemotherapy Supportive Treatment Unit (CSSTU) for complex treatment please refer to the ward clerk for the concessionary charge, collect the concessionary slip and take it to the Car Park Office.
For outpatients/day case patients receiving frequent treatments in a 7 day period please purchase a weekly concessionary ticket for £12 upon production of a ward or departmental confirmation.
Long Inpatient Stays
If a patient is expected to have a stay of 7 or more days you can apply to the car park office for a concessionary ticket – this entitles visitors to one week’s parking at a cost of £12 upon production of ward or departmental confirmation.