Car Parking Information
Short stay car parking, disabled parking, motorcycle parking and drop-off can be found in Car Park A. It has 33 Blue Badge spaces and a further 57 spaces.
Longer stays - Car Park B (Height Restriction 2.1m). It has 4 Blue Badge spaces, 221 spaces on the lower deck and 221 spaces on the upper deck.
Other car parks including the Treatment Centre, spaces alongside Rothwell Road and Maternity are Pay & Display.
In an emergency situation, or exceptional circumstances such as where a patient has very limited mobility, drivers may drop-off directly outside the Outpatients Department using the emergency vehicle access route then go and park.
When arriving at car parks A and B your car registration number is captured automatically. When you leave the car park you need to enter your registration number before paying at the paying station.
Here’s how it works:
- As you approach the entrance of the car park, the barrier will raise automatically and your registration number will be read
- Park your vehicle as usual
- When you are ready to leave, please pay at one of the pay stations by entering your registration number and following the on-screen instructions. You can pay by cash or card (including contactless)
- Please return to your car immediately and proceed to the exit
- The exit barrier will automatically raise once your registration number and payment has been verified.
Tariffs in Car Park A
|Less than 15 minutes (drop-off spaces)||Free of charge|
|Up to 2 hours||£3.00|
|2 to 24 hours||£15.00|
|Over 24 hours||£15 per day (or part thereof)|
Disabled car parking spaces are also available. Once parked, please take your valid Blue Badge to the Car Park Office and advise them of your registration number. You will then receive free parking for up to 3 hours and charged £1 for the subsequent 3-24 hours.
Tariffs in all other car parks
|Up to 1 hours||£1.50|
|1 to 3 hours||£3.00|
|3 to 6 hours||£5.00|
|6 to 8 hours||£7.00|
8 to 24 hours
Over 24 hours
£15 per day (or part thereof)
There is a limited amount of free motorcycle parking in Car Park A. This is can be found opposite the Car Park Office; please park on the yellow hatching.
Motorcycles using a marked space in car park A or B or around the site will be charged at the same tariff as cars.
Disabled car parking spaces are available in Car Park A. Once parked, please take your valid Blue Badge to the Car Park Office and advise them of your registration number. You will then receive free parking for up to 3 hours and charged £1 for the subsequent 3-24 hours.
If attending Lilford Ward, Centenary Wing, and Chemotherapy Supportive Treatment Unit (CSSTU) for complex treatment please refer to the ward clerk for the concessionary charge, collect the concessionary slip and take it to the Car Park Office.
For outpatients/day case patients receiving frequent treatments in a 7 day period please purchase a weekly concessionary ticket for £12 upon production of a ward or departmental confirmation.
Long Inpatient Stays
If a patient is expected to have a stay of 7 or more days you can apply to the car park office for a concessionary ticket – this entitles visitors to one week’s parking at a cost of £12 upon production of ward or departmental confirmation.
Patient Buggy Service
We offer a Patient Buggy Service, operating around the KGH site between all car parks and entrances. The Buggy Service is free to use and is run by a team of trained volunteer buggy drivers.
The Patient Buggy Service operates between 8:30am – 4:30pm Monday to Friday, excluding bank holidays.
To arrange pick up call: 07976 198127
- Please state the pick-up point location, destination and number of passengers when calling
- This service cannot transport wheelchairs and can only take passengers able to step on to the buggy unaided
- Please note that this service is subject to volunteer availability
- The service cannot carry children under the age of 12
The Patient Buggy Service is funded through the Kettering General Hospital charitable funds and individual voluntary donations. Any donations are gratefully received towards the upkeep of the service. A small donation box is provided on board the vehicle.