Junior Doctors will strike from 7am on Saturday 24 February until 11.59pm on Wednesday 28 February. Action is likely to cause long waits in Emergency Departments.
If it’s not a life-threatening emergency, get the help you need via:
• 111.nhs.uk can support you at home or direct you to the best service for you
• Your pharmacy can help with over the counter medicines, emergency contraception and minor illnesses
• Mental health support, please contact 0800 448 0828
• Corby Urgent Care Centre can help treat lacerations, cuts, sprains, trains, minor burns and wounds
• For medical attention please contact your GP practice as normal.
Welcome to Kettering!
Historically Northamptonshire is known as the origin of British shoemaking and this dates back over 900 years. It is also known for its beautiful countryside which stretches across the counties leading you to picturesque villages.
The town centre has a vast array of shops, local restaurants, a museum and an art gallery. The local train station is not far from the town and can link you to London and Birmingham within the hour.
Kettering General Hospital is located just off the M1/A14 and is the largest employer in the town, employing over four thousand people across clinical and non-clinical areas.
Find further information on the town of Kettering.
Kettering, as a location, offers low/competitive house prices.
Currently we have several new developments in the area:
Kettering Genral Hospital offers onsite accommodation through an organisation called Optivo (Optivo Keyworker Accommodation). Find out more information about rooms and properties
Windermere Day Nursery is located on the Kettering General Hospital site.
You can find a childminder or apply for a school place for your child on Northamptonshire County Council's website, comprising of North Northamptonshire and West Northamptonshire councils.