Junior Doctors will strike from 7am on Saturday 24 February until 11.59pm on Wednesday 28 February. Action is likely to cause long waits in Emergency Departments.
If it’s not a life-threatening emergency, get the help you need via:
• 111.nhs.uk can support you at home or direct you to the best service for you
• Your pharmacy can help with over the counter medicines, emergency contraception and minor illnesses
• Mental health support, please contact 0800 448 0828
• Corby Urgent Care Centre can help treat lacerations, cuts, sprains, trains, minor burns and wounds
• For medical attention please contact your GP practice as normal.
Ashton Ward specialises in elective hip and knee replacements, shoulder and spinal surgery.
Ashton Ward multi-disciplinary team run a Joint School on Tuesday and Friday afternoons. You will be invited via letter to attend ahead of your elective surgery. You will receive additional information via leaflets when you attend Joint School.
What to bring with you
Please bring in all your current medications in labelled boxes.
If you are attending for a planned procedure please bring with you a supply of day and night wear including slippers. We try to encourage our patients to spend time out of bed during the day; wearing day clothes where possible and safe to do so.
Please also bring a supply of toiletries – although a limited supply is available from the hospital shop.
Please do not bring valuables or large amounts of money into hospital with you as the Trust cannot accept responsibility if these personal items get lost or damaged.