Help us help you
You should only come to A&E in an emergency or life-threatening situation. Please help our staff to focus on our patients who need us most. If it is not an emergency we won't be able to see you and you will be redirected to NHS111 or other local services.
Care Courier Service
This Volunteering Service led patient property drop off service enables a relative or friend to bring essential items, including a letter/photos, for their loved ones who are staying in hospital.
The service runs on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays; 9.30am -1pm (excluding bank holidays) from the main reception desk. For more details please call the Volunteering Service team on 01536 491599.
To use this service please take note of the following process:
- When preparing belongings please ensure you only pack essential items. These may include toiletries, a mobile phone, phone charger or clothing items. You are welcome to include a letter/photos to your loved one in the bag.
- Ensure items are packed in a plastic bag which is closed/sealed. We will not be able to complete a property checklist and therefore any belongings brought in will not be the responsibility of the hospital.
- No perishable items will be accepted, including any food items.
- Please clearly label the bag with the patient name and the ward they are on.
- Only one relative or friend should come onto the site to bring the bag.
On arrival please go to the main reception desk:
- Please observe the distancing markers, and use the wall mounted hand gel.
- You will need to sign a disclaimer form to use this service.
- We cannot let you know when a patient has received the bag, and items delivered towards the end of the session may be delivered on the next service day.