Experiencing unprecedented demand for our services this weekend
Our hospital is experiencing unprecedented demand for our services this weekend, now more than ever we need your support to ensure our staff can care for those who need emergency care, such as choking, chest pain, loss of consciousness, serious blood loss, serious injury.
If you have a minor injury or illness or need urgent treatment Corby Urgent Care Centre is here for you.
If you have a medical concern that is not an emergency, please contact NHS 111 who can give you the right advice and direct you to the right service.
Thank you for your support ❤️
Age UK Northamptonshire at KGH
- Supporting patients with their practical and emotional needs
- Assisting patients with feeding and drinking
- Escort patients to wards and other departments with porters or nursing staff
- Contacting relatives and carers for the patient
- Advocate/liaise on behalf of patients
- Supply information and leaflets
- Assist patients in completing the family and friend’s patient feedback
- Working closely with the discharge co-ordinators
- Collect prescriptions and discharge letters
- Liaise with the Crisis Response Team to organise discharge arrangements for patients who have been identified by A&E staff
- If appropriate, accompany the patient home from the A&E department
- Provide ongoing support for patients as identified after discharge
- Provide telephone follow up calls for patients once home