General Description of the Trust
see About Us
Part of our local community
- Kettering General Hospital NHS Foundation Trust plays an important role in its local community and is one the largest employers in Northamptonshire
- It provides acute hospital services to North Northamptonshire and South Leicestershire covering the council districts and boroughs of Kettering, Corby, Wellingborough, East Northamptonshire and Market Harborough (and their surrounding small towns and villages)
- Overall the population in the area served Kettering General Hospital (North Northamptonshire) is expected to grow by 50 per cent from circa 300,000 to 450,000 by 2031
- All health Trusts in Northamptonshire will be working together to meet this callenge alongside their local authority and other public partners
- The county has a body called the Northamptonshire Partnership - made up of the major health bodies county, district and borough councils and other relevant public and voluntary bodies - which aims to make the best use of money to deliver the best overall services for local people
- The Partnership aims to make Northamptonshire one of the top five counties in England by 2030 and the leading economy in the East Midlands by 2020
- The Trust is also part of the Northamptonshire NHS Partnership Board established in 2007 to encourage and develop co-operation between all four NHS health Trusts in Northamptonshire. This body has become the local vehicle for co-ordination between all local public health and social care bodies and, amongst other things, has helped deliver the NHS Next Stage Review. The Partnership Board aims to develop a shared vision for healthcare in Northamptonshire over the next 25 years
- The Trust also interacts with the local community in many other ways from liaising with local interest groups to encouraging the public to support its facilities via fundraising
Foundation Trust Status
see Foundation Trust
see Membership and the Council of Governers
Improving Healthcare Together (IHT)
In 2008 KGH launched its “Improving Healthcare Together” program where hospital staff and management work together to ensure that KGH provides the best standard of care and service that it can.
To do this we aim to:
- redesign services;
- improve the hospital environment;
- develop relationships and customer/patient centered services;
- meet local needs;
- continually make improvements.
We will take into account patient comments, surveys and complaints.
Public Facing Departments
Wards, see the visiting times at www.kgh.nhs.uk/for-visitors/visiting-times/
Departments, see "Public Facing Departments List" under "Documents" below.
The latest Publications Register can be found via the following link Publications Register 2010/11
Board of Directors Meeting Papers - www.kgh.nhs.uk/about-us/trust-board/meetings/
Council of Members Webpage - www.kgh.nhs.uk/for-members/council-of-members/
Members Webpage - www.kgh.nhs.uk/for-members/
Monitor – Kettering General Hospital Constitution